Thursday, April 8, 2021

My Ode to...eels

 Hey :)

We were asked to write an ode to eels so here's mine!

(don't worry I don't get it either)

The eel

slimy skin,long body & small eyes

It’s  must be so easy to slip through the water & smell your prey

It's interesting that with such long fins it doesn’t fly

Slithers, slips & slides through the water every day

It could get across the stream before  noon is nigh

I’m jealous of the efficiency in every way

swims,eats  & mates doing what it does it’s whole life

With nothing else to display I don’t like it. I don’t hate it.

It doesn’t really matter anyway because for the eel I don’t have much to say



Hope you enjoyed!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Zoe I'm Jayden from Otaki college i like reading about eels we have some eels in our local stream

    Bie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.